Florida national guard services
Fee Waiver Program
Under House Bill 7015, which went into effect July 1, 2014, the Department now has the ability to waive the initial licensing fee, the initial application fee and the initial unlicensed activity fee for military veterans and their spouses at the time of discharge who apply to the Department for a state professional license. The application must be submitted within 60 months after the veteran has been honorably discharged from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, including the Florida National Guard.
- The applicant or the applicant's spouse must have served in a branch of the United States Armed Forces, including Florida National Guard units.
- The applicant or the applicant's spouse must have been honorably discharged in the past 60 months prior to the date of application. The applicant must have been married to the military veteran at the time of discharge if claiming eligibility as a veteran's spouse.
- The applicant must provide a DD-214 or NGB-22 form as proof of honorable discharge.
- The Military Veteran Fee Waiver Request must be submitted with your application for licensure.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking on the "Waiver Request Application " link below.
- If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please see the FAQs, or call or email the Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395 or use our convenient contact form to submit any comments and/or questions you may have. In order to better serve you, please include as much information as possible about the nature of your request.
- Mail your completed application, documentation and application for licensure to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, 1940 N. Monroe St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783.
Reimbursement for Active Florida National Guard Members' Professional Exam and Continuing Education Costs
The Florida Department of Military Affairs may now reimburse eligible guard members for licensing and certification examinations fees and continuing education costs necessary to maintain a professional license or certification as a part of the Educational Dollars for Duty program.
Please visit http://dma.myflorida.com/floridas-tuition-assistance-program/ for potential reimbursement for examination fees and continuing education cost(s).