DBPR Veterans Services
Fee Waiver Program
Under House Bill 7015, which went into effect July 1, 2014, the Department now has the ability to waive the initial licensing fee, the initial application fee, and the initial unlicensed activity fee for military veterans and their spouses at the time of discharge who apply to the Department for a state professional license. The application must be submitted within 60 months after the veteran has been honorably discharged from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, including the Florida National Guard. Please note, this waiver does not include examination fees or other incidental fees.
- The applicant or the applicant's spouse must have served in a branch of the United States Armed Forces, including Florida National Guard units.
- The applicant or the applicant's spouse must have been honorably discharged in the past 60 months prior to the date of application. The applicant must have been married to the military veteran at the time of discharge if claiming eligibility as a veteran's spouse.
- The applicant must provide a DD-214 or NGB-22 form as proof of honorable discharge.
- The Military Veteran Fee Waiver Request must be submitted with your application for licensure.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking on the "Waiver Request Application " link below.
- If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please see the FAQs, or call or email the Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395 or use our convenient contact form to submit any comments and/or questions you may have. In order to better serve you, please include as much information as possible about the nature of your request.
- Mail your completed application, documentation and application for licensure to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, 1940 N. Monroe St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783.
Reimbursement for Veterans’ Professional Exams
The VA will reimburse eligible applicants for the cost of licensing and certification examinations, not to exceed $2,000 per test. These licensing and certification exams must be generally deemed necessary to pursue a trade or profession.
Please see http://www.fdva.org/saa/LiCert.asp for potential reimbursement for examination cost(s).
Discount on State Licensing Fees for Disabled Veterans
F.S. Ch. 205.171 allows disabled veterans to claim a $50 discount toward their state license fee. If you qualify for this discount, please send the Department a copy of your DD-214 form indicating that you are a disabled veteran. You may send that document with your next license renewal form. You may also send the document with a letter stating that you want to receive the discount to us.
DBPR Mailing Address:
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783