The Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco issues licenses or permits that are required for any business or person to manufacture, import, export, store, distribute or sell alcoholic beverages and products containing tobacco or nicotine. The Division conducts audits to ensure the proper collection of taxes, surcharges, and fees and conducts inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations governing the sale of alcoholic beverages and products containing tobacco or nicotine pursuant to Chapters 210, 561-565, and 567-569, Florida Statutes.
EDS stands for Electronic Data Submission. Unlike submitting paper forms, the EDS system allows submittal of monthly reports electronically. EDS allows for a more cost efficient and accurate method of filing monthly reports
Types of Licenses and Permits A full list describing the licenses and permits for alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and other tobacco products, and the additional terms that may apply to each.
License Fee Chart License fees associated with different license types and the county it is issued in.
Temporary License Fee Chart A comprehensive list of the fees associated with obtaining an Alcoholic Beverage Temporary License/Permit.
How to get an Alcoholic Beverage License A brief account of the process involved in obtaining an Alcoholic Beverage License.
Local ABT Licensing Offices The Division has numerous Bureau of Licensing offices located throughout the state.
Local Zoning Departments A comprehensive list of the addresses and other contact information of area zoning offices.
Department of Revenue The Department’s website provides information and resources to applicants required to seek approval from the Department of Revenue.
Temporary Permit (ODP) Special Acts Beginning July 1, 2016, bona-fide non-profit civic organizations, charitable organizations, municipalities, and counties are limited to 12 permits per calendar year with the exception of small areas within specific counties.
General Laws and Special Acts for Condos, Hotels and Motels A reference regarding special acts and requirements relating to Motels, Hotels, and Condominiums pertaining to specific Florida counties.
General Laws and Special Acts for Food Service Establishments A reference regarding special acts and requirements relating to Food Service Establishments pertaining to specific Florida counties.
Alcoholic Beverage Sales at Special Events A special temporary permit to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on premises and to be used for extension of existing licensed premises.
Florida Farm Winery Information The requirements needed to qualify as a Florida Farm Winery as provided by sections 599.004 and 561.221(b) of the Florida Statutes.
Florida Craft Distillery Permit Information
The requirements needed to qualify for a Craft Distillery Permit as provided by section 565.17(2), Florida Statutes.
Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco
Alcohol Brand Registrant and Brand/Label
Common Carriers (Passenger Carriers)
- Manufacturer or Bottler of Wine (AMW)
- Manufacturer of Wines and Cordials (BMWC)
- Manufacturer/Brewer of Malt Beverages (CMB)
- Rectifier/Blender of Spirituous Beverages (ERB)
- Distiller of Spirituous Liquor (DD)
- Importer to Manufacturers and Distributors (IMPR)
- Brokers and Sales Agents (BSA)
- Exporter of Alcoholic Beverages (MEXP)
- Distributor of Beer and Wine (JDBW)
- Distributor of Beverages in Dry Counties (EDB)
- Distributor of Spirituous Beverages (KLD2)
- Distributor of Spirituous Beverages (KLD)
- Distributor of Sacramental Wine (JDSW)
- Malt Beverages; Exclusive Sales Territories
- Beer Package Sales (1APS)
- Beer Consumption on Premises (1COP)
- Beer and Wine Package Sales (2APS)
- Beer and Wine Consumption on Premises (2COP)
- Beer, Wine and Liquor Package Sales:
- Lodges and other Club License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11C)
- Special Club License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11CS)
- American Legion Club License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11AL)
- Performing Arts License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11PA)
- Private Golf Clubs Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11CG)
- Caterer License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (13CT)
- Race Track Caterer at Jai Alai, Dog and Horse Tracks License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises by the drink (12RT)
- Non-Quota Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (4COP, 5COP, 6COP, 7COP, 8COP) With Class
- Quota Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises
- Culinary Education Program License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (CEP)
- Public Fair or Exposition License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (FEX)
- Special Horse Breeders License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (HBX)
- Railroad Transit Station License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (RTS)
Retail Tobacco or Nicotine Products Dealer Permit
Salesperson of Wine & Spirits
Application for Lien/Mortgagee's Interest in
Manufacturer Malt FL/Florida Imprinting Exemption
Stand-Alone Bar Smoking Forms
Quota Drawing Business Entry
- Transfer of Ownership of an Alcoholic Beverage License
- Change of Business Name or Change of Mailing Address
- Change of Officer/Stockholder/Amended Corporate Name
- Change of Location/Change in Series or Type
- Extension of Licensed Premises or Amended Sketch of Licensed Premises
- Request for Inactive Status or Waiver of Active Operation Requirements for Quota Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
- Delinquent Renewal of Alcoholic Beverage License, Wholesale Cigarette Exporter and Other Tobacco Products Permits
- Request for Withdrawal of Application
- Request for Cancellation of Permanent License
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Patrick Cunningham, Director
Division of Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0791