Amanda “Mandie” Ackermann, Executive Director
The Board of Auctioneers is responsible for licensing and regulating auctioneers. The board meets regularly to consider applications for licensure, to review disciplinary cases, and to conduct informal hearings relating to licensure and discipline. The board engages in rulemaking to implement the provisions set forth in its statutes and conducts other general business, as necessary.
AU – An “auctioneer” means any person licensed pursuant to this part who holds a valid Florida auctioneer license.
AE – An “apprentice auctioneer” means any person who is being trained as an auctioneer by a licensed auctioneer.
AB – An “auction business” means a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation which in the regular course of business arranges, manages, sponsors, advertises, promotes, or carries out auctions, employs auctioneers to conduct auctions in its facilities, or uses or allows the use of its facilities for auctions.
The requirements for becoming licensed in Florida are described in the statutes and rules. Choose a license type to apply.
- Auctioneer Initial License by Examination Based on Education (AU 4153)
- Auctioneer Initial License By Examination Based on Apprenticeship (AU 4153)
- Auctioneer Re-Examination (AU 4156)
- Auctioneer Initial License for Out-of-State applicants (Reciprocity/Endorsement) (AU 4153)
- Auctioneer Professional Licensure for Military Personnel/Veterans/Military Spouses (MVL 003)
DBPR offers examinations in a computer-based testing (CBT) format. Candidates who have been approved to sit for an examination may do so by contacting the department’s examination vendor, Pearson VUE. Examinations are available on a daily basis at testing sites throughout the world. For more information, including to schedule an examination, visit the Examination Information page.
- Florida Military Veteran Fee Waiver
- Florida National Guard Fee Waiver
- Military Personnel, Veterans and Military Spouses Licensing Fee Waiver
- Low Income Waiver of Licensing Fee
Note: If you have previously applied for your license, you may check your application status.
|License Types||Continuing Education Requirements||Fee||Expiration Date|
|Auctioneer Apprentice||N/A||$155.00||11/30/ODD Year|
|Auction Business||N/A||$155.00||11/30/ODD Year|
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Division of Professions
Board of Auctioneers
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0791