IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding the annual CPE audit:
The Division is excited to announce that this year’s CPE audit for the 2018-2020 re-establishment period will take place in two separate groups. Please click here for instructions on submitting your documentation online. NOTE: If you are having technical difficulties with the CPE Audit Service or are unable to log in to your CPE Audit Service account, please contact the CPE Audit Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual CPE Audit
- General Information
- Potential Discipline
- Reporting Options
Annual CPE Audit
Licensees are required to complete CPE but currently are not required to report their CPE in conjunction with their license renewal. Annually, the Division conducts an audit of CPAs, requiring the selected CPAs to provide proof of completion of the continuing education requirements for the reestablishment period under audit. This proof includes the satisfaction of the 80 hours total, including:
- the eight (8) hours minimum for Accounting & Auditing hours and
- the 20 hours maxim for Behavioral hours and
- completion of four (4) hours of a Florida Board of Accountancy approved Ethics course
Failure to timely provide proof of completion of, or failure to complete, continuing education requirements may result in discipline that can include makeup hours, penalty hours, fines, additional reporting, and suspension or revocation of a license.
If selected for the CPE audit, a licensee must respond to the Bureau of Education and Testing within 21 days of receiving the audit notification letter. There are three ways to reply:
- Upload your CPE completion certificates to the DBPR On-Line Services Portal and select My Account at the top right corner of the webpage.
- Upload your CPE completion certificates to the NASBA CPE Audit Service.
- If you respond via the audit service, you must notify the Bureau of Education and Testing in writing at the address below.
- If you have not registered with the NASBA CPE Audit Service or need assistance in uploading your CPE documentation please contact the NASBA CPE Audit Services at email@example.com.
- By mail to the following address:
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Bureau of Education and Testing
Continuing Education Unit
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1046
If you choose to reply by mail, please include the following in your response:
- A copy of the audit notification letter from the Bureau of Education and Testing
- Signed and dated CPE reporting form listing all courses completed for the audit period
- Certificates of completion for all courses listed on the CPE reporting form
Please refer to Rule 61H1-33.003(5), F.A.C., for the certificate of completion requirements.
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Roger Scarborough, Director
Division of Certified Public Accounting
240 NW 76th Drive, Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32607