The Enforcement Section is responsible for reviewing and investigating complaints, as well as determining legal sufficiency in order to move forward.
- Independence, integrity and objectivity;
- Competence and adherence to technical standards;
- Confidentiality and records disposition;
- Violation of accountancy rules, fiduciary duty or trust;
- Advertising and solicitation practices;
- Form of practice and use of the CPA designation;
- Ethical or moral violations; and/or
- Conviction of a felony or any crime related to the practice of accounting.
- Any suspension or revocation of the right to practice accounting before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, or any other state or federal agency.
- Any unlicensed individuals holding out as a Certified Public Accountant, “C.P.A.”.
The Board does not have authority to regulate fees charged by its licensees and it does not have the ability to recover money for a consumer. The Board also does not offer mediation and does not investigate tax preparers unless that individual is in violation of the practice act, or is holding themselves out as a CPA without proper licensure.
Complaints are able to be filed against licensed and unlicensed individuals. To file a complaint, please complete the Uniform Complaint Form:
Once you have filled out the complaint form, please mail it to the Division of Certified Public Accounting, 240 NW 76 Drive, Suite A, Gainesville, FL 32607-6656. Before mailing your complaint to the Board office please make sure that you provide documentation supporting your complaint. Examples supporting documentation would be the following:
- Correspondence with the CPA
- Signed Audits
- Business cards or signs offering services or using the CPA designation (these must have the individual’s name on them)
- Copies of website pages offering services or using the CPA designation
- IRS/Tax documents
- Engagement letter
- Signed Contracts
When your complaint is received in the Board office, the enforcement staff will review the documentation and take appropriate action. To follow the path of a complaint, please watch the following slide show Complaint Process Slide Show
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Veloria A. Kelly, Director
Division of Certified Public Accounting
240 NW 76th Drive, Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32607