Applicants wishing to sit for the examination must:
- Submit an application, official transcripts, and pay a $50.00 application fee (Click here to Apply Online).
- Be of Good Moral Character as outlined in Section 473.306(2)(b), F.S.
- Meet the Education Requirements (Click here to read the Education Requirements), and
- Submit the Authorization for Interstate Exchange of Examination and Licensure Information form (This form is required if you have ever sat in another jurisdiction, even if no sections of the exam were passed. Please contact your home state to determine if there is a processing fee required to submit your information to Florida.) NOTE: If your home jurisdiction does not verify scores, you will have to order them from NASBA.
For more information relating to the actual exam, please visit:
In the computer-based testing environment, candidates are able to take the CPA examination in four examination windows annually. An examination window is a three-month period comprised of two months in which the examination can be taken and one month in which the examination will not be offered while routine maintenance is performed and the item bank is refreshed. Please click on the following link to get a list of available testing sites:
For examination dates and locations visit the Examination Information page.
NASBA publishes a Candidate Bulletin, which contains valuable information for anyone who plans take to the Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination. The Candidate Bulletin includes information regarding the application process, how to schedule exams, reschedule appointments, center closings, the time allotted for exam sections, acceptable identification, penalties for misconduct, reviewing scores, and exam tips, just to name a few. To download the bulletin, please click here.
Note: Some boards of accountancy require at least one day beyond the published target release date in the table to process and release exam scores.
|January 1 – March 10 (20Q1) Testing Window|
|Testing Dates January 1 – March 10, 2020|
|If you take your Exam on/before||….and the AICPA receives your Exam data files from Prometric by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on:||Target score release date is:|
|January 20||January 20||February 3|
|February 14||February 14||February 24|
|February 28||February 28||March 9|
|March 10||March 11||March 18|
|March 10||**After March 11||March 19|
Keep in mind:
- All dates and times are based on Eastern Standard Time zone.
- For the vast majority of candidates, the AICPA receives the examination data files from Prometric within 24 hours after a candidate completes the Exam.
- The scores for the examination data files received after the AICPA cutoff dates will be in the subsequent scheduled target score release.
- Some candidates who take the BEC section might receive their scores approximately one week following the target release date due to additional analysis that might be required for the written communication tasks.
**The Exam data files the AICPA receives after this date will be included in the final target score release date for the testing window.
The information above can be found on the AICPA’s website by clicking here.
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Roger Scarborough, Director
Division of Certified Public Accounting
240 NW 76th Drive, Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32607