For an Official License Verification:
You will need to submit:
- Interstate Exchange form from the state you are applying for
- A check or money order in the amount of $50 (payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation)
- A written request authorizing the Florida Board to release your information including the following:
- The name of the person you’re requesting the information for,
- License number (if applicable),
- The state you’re applying for,
- Authorization for release of information, and
- Your signature
The request and fee should be sent to:
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Central Intake Unit
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0783
For an Online License Certification:
You will need to go to the Online Services page:
- You will be asked if you have an account. If you do, enter your information, click on your license link, and request a license certification.
- If you don’t have an account with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, you will be instructed on how to “Create My Account”. On the left-hand side of the screen under “Create a New Online Profile,” you will see “Create My Account”. Click on this and follow the instructions to complete.
Once you have created your account you will:
- You will need to attach your license to your account.
- Once you’ve attached your license, click on your license link, it will show links to different options, you will then click on “Request license certification”.
- You will now be able to submit a request for the online certifications and it will be emailed to the State which you selected.
Please note: The Online License Certification only supplies basic licensure information. It does NOT include exam grade information or whether there is any discipline.
Important Update (Posted January 13, 2021):
Wall certificates for licenses issued on or after December 11, 2020, have not been printed due to board member changes. We will provide updates as they become available. For questions or further information, please contact board staff. (Updated February 22, 2021)
Initial Wall Certificate
A wall certificate (diploma style) is issued to each newly licensed Florida Certified Public Accountant (CPA). You can expect to receive your wall certificate within three (3) to six (6) weeks of receiving your CPA license. Wall certificates are printed in black ink on natural linen paper with the State of Florida gold seal. The approximate size is 12″x 10.75″.
Note: It is board policy that each licensee be issued one (1) wall certificate. If you do not receive your original within the above specified time, please contact the board office.
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Roger Scarborough, Director
Division of Certified Public Accounting
240 NW 76th Drive, Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32607