For an Official License Verification:
Instructions for requesting a license verification and or examination scores:
Submit the Authorization for Interstate Exchange form from the state you are applying for and a check or money order in the amount of $50 (payable) to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
If the state you are applying for does not have its own form, you will need to submit the DBPR CPA 12 Verification Request Form with a check or money order in the amount of $50 (payable) to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
If your request is for an employer or other entity than a state board, you will need to submit a written request authorizing the Florida Board to release your information. The request should include the following:
- The name of the person you’re requesting the information (to who the request should be addressed)
- Your contact information (email, phone, address)
- License number (If applicable)
- The state you’re applying for (if applicable)
- Authorization for release
- Your signature
- $50 processing fee (payable to DBPR)
The form or request and fee should be mailed to:
Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR)
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1027
For an Online License Certification:
You will need to go to the Online Services page:
- You will be asked if you have an account. If you do, enter your information, click on your license link, and request a license certification.
- If you don’t have an account with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, you will need to create one. On the left-hand side of the screen, under “Create a New Online Profile,” you will see “Create My Account.” Click on this and follow the instructions to complete.
Once you have created your account, you will:
- You will need to attach your license to your account.
- Once you’ve attached your license, click on your license link, it will show links to different options; you will then click on “Request license certification.”
- You will now be able to submit a request for the online certifications.
- From your online account, select the option for license certification and follow the steps.
Please note: The Online License Certification only supplies basic licensure information. It does NOT include exam grade information or whether there is any discipline.
Initial Wall Certificate
A wall certificate (diploma style) is issued to each newly licensed Florida Certified Public Accountant (CPA). You can expect to receive your wall certificate within three (3) to six (6) weeks of receiving your CPA license. Wall certificates are printed in black ink on natural linen paper with the State of Florida gold seal. The approximate size is 12″x 10.75″.
Note: Please contact the board office if you do not receive your original within the specified time.
Duplicate Wall Certificate
To request a duplicate wall certificate:
|You will need to submit the following:|
|If your name has changed||The name change request form DBPR CPA 8 and a court order or marriage certificate.||$25 processing fee for each|
|Your wall certificate contains misspelled or misprinted information||DBPR CPA 8 Form||Return the incorrect certificate within 30 days of receipt for correction based on the licensure application. A new certificate will be issued at no charge.||$25 processing fee if over 30 days from receipt|
|Duplicate wall certificate||DBPR CPA 8 Form||$25 processing fee for each|
Note: the wall certificate can only be issued in your official name on record.
Please send all necessary documentation to the following address:
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Roger Scarborough, Director
Division of Certified Public Accounting
240 NW 76th Drive, Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32607