DIVISION OF DRUGS, DEVICES AND COSMETICS
CERTIFIED DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE
All prescription drug wholesale distributor and out-of-state prescription drug wholesale distributor permittees and applicants must designate in writing at least one natural person to serve as the designated representative for a given establishment. Such person must have an active certification from the department (a “certified designated representative” or “CDR”).
Application: Individuals applying for this certification must complete the Department’s application. Mail or deliver the application and all required attachments to:
Certification Criteria: All CDR’s and CDR applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have not less than 2 years of verifiable full-time work experience in a pharmacy licensed in this state or another state, where the person’s responsibilities included, but were not limited to, recordkeeping for prescription drugs, or have not less than 2 years of verifiable full-time managerial experience with a prescription drug wholesale distributor licensed in this state or in another state.
- Provide a personal information statement, including a set of fingerprints for a criminal background check, to the department as part of the application process. Refer to Form DH 2125, “Personal Information Statement” effective January 2004.
- Receive a passing score of at least 75 percent on an examination given by the department regarding federal laws governing distribution of prescription drugs and this part and the rules adopted by the department governing the wholesale distribution of prescription drugs (the “CDR examination”).
- An application is not complete until the applicant has received a passing score on the CDR examination. The applicant will be notified by regular mail at the applicant’s home mailing address of the applicant’s eligibility to schedule the laws and rules examination.
- If the applicant has not passed the CDR examination within six (6) months of the eligibility notification, the department may deny the application.
Operational Requirements: All CDR’s and CDR applicants must:
- Be employed in a managerial position by the wholesale distributor, and actively involved in and aware of actual daily operations.
- Be physically present at the establishment during normal business hours, except for time periods when absent due to illness, family illness or death, scheduled vacation, or other authorized absence.
- May serve as a designated representative for only one wholesale distributor at any one time.
Fee: The application and permitting fee is $150, plus $47 for fingerprint processing. Make checks payable to DBPR.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing these forms, please call the Drugs, Devices and Cosmetics Program at (850) 717-1800.
Application Currently Unavailable Using Online Services