Section 399.125, Florida Statutes, states:
Reporting of elevator accidents; penalties.–Within 5 working days after any accident occurring in or upon any elevator, the certificate of operation holder shall report the accident to the division on a form prescribed by the division. Failure to timely file this report is a violation of this chapter and will subject the certificate of operation holder to an administrative fine, to be imposed by the division, in an amount not to exceed $1,000.
DBPR’s new Online Services now allows elevator owners to file accident reports directly from their online account. You can also change address information, renew your license and maintain service maintenance contract information with the online service. Just go to My Account above or click the button below to create your account, maintain your license(s) or file an an accident report. You do not need to complete the form below if you file electronically using our online service.
The Division of Hotels and Restaurants developed the form below for reporting of elevator accidents:
DBPR HR-7016 Elevator Owners Accident Report Form, required to be filed in instances of elevator accident within 5 days of the incident.
The downloadable file below represents an extract of all elevator accidents reported statewide since July 1, 2008. These files are in Microsoft Excel format. To download software to read these documents, go to Excel Viewer 2003.
The data in this extract tracks with the information provided on the current reporting form.
- Elevator Accident Details – Updated weekly
- Elevator Accident Summary by Elevator Type and Calendar Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by Elevator Type and Fiscal Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by Building Type and Calendar Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by Building Type and Fiscal Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by County and Calendar Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by County and Fiscal Year Statewide
All requests for public records, complaints, forms, and applications for licenses can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Rick Akin, Director
Division of Hotels and Restaurants
Bureau of Elevator Safety
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1013