The Division of Hotels and Restaurants’ Bureau of Elevator Safety offers numerous employment opportunities for state service along with competitive pay and many other benefits. If you are interested in working for the division, you will be able to view advertised positions by visiting the People First web site.
- From the People First home page, choose a county in the “Browse Jobs by County” dropdown or the area of the state in which you are interested in working from the map on the left. You can review job openings by individual county or all counties.
- For Elevator Inspector Positions — Under the “Mechanical” heading, if you find a Compliance Officer – Inspection Specialist listed, choose it and the Job Announcement will open.
- For other staff positions, look for “Business and Professional Regulation” as the hiring agency to find job openings. The Job Announcement should indicate that the position is in the Division of Hotels and Restaurants.
- Choose the button “Begin Application Process” and you will be able to complete your application and submit on-line through the People First system.
- After you submit, you will get a confirmation that your submission was successful. Print a copy of this page – this proves you applied in the event People First has problems downloading your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne Keele.
All requests for public records, complaints, forms, and applications for licenses can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Steven von Bodungen, Director
Division of Hotels and Restaurants
Bureau of Elevator Safety
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1013