State electrical certification examinations administered on behalf of the Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board are given in two parts: technical/safety and business.
DBPR offers electrical examinations in a computer-based testing (CBT) format. Candidates who have been approved to sit for one of the following examinations may do so by contacting the department’s examination vendor, Pearson VUE. Examinations are available on a daily basis at testing sites throughout the world.
- To schedule by phone: 888.204.6230
- To locate a testing site near you or to register online: http://www.pearsonvue.com/fl/electrical/
Candidates taking a computer-based examination through Pearson VUE will be required to submit a valid email address, telephone number, and payment at the time the examination is scheduled. Candidates will be eligible to schedule an examination within 72 hours after the candidate’s examination application has been approved by the department.
- The Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s Candidate Information Booklet (CIB) provides additional information to prepare candidates to take their professional licensure examinations. Click this link to view and download Candidate Information Booklets.
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to bring approved reference materials to the examination site to be used during the examination. No other references are allowed at the examination site. Click here to view a list of approved reference materials.
- Reference materials may be purchased from any number of electrical schools, bookstores, and retailers. The Department cannot recommend or endorse a particular electrical school or bookstore. Click here for help locating reference materials for your examination.