GET THE APP!
Download the free DBPR Mobile app from the iTunes or Google Play app stores today to verify licenses, view hotel and restaurant inspections and report unlicensed activity with the touch of your finger. To download it from iTunes now, click here.
Authority – Laws and Rules
The division operates under the authority provided by the Florida Legislature through the Florida Statutes. Florida Statute 20.165 establishes the Division of Hotels and Restaurants within the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Chapter 509, Part 1, Florida Statutes, governs the licensing, inspection, and regulation of public lodging and public food service establishments. The Division also adopts rules governing the licensing, inspection, and regulation of public lodging and public food service establishments. These rules are located in Chapters 61C-1, 61C-3, 61C-4 and 61C-8 of the Florida Administrative Code.
Chapter 399, Florida Statutes, governs the licensing, inspection, and regulation of elevators, escalators, and other vertical conveyance devices. The Division also adopts rules governing the licensing, inspection, and regulation of elevators, escalators, and other vertical conveyance devices. These rules are located in Chapter 61C-5 of the Florida Administrative Code.
Additionally, Florida Statute 386.207 provides the Division authority to enforce the Florida Clean Indoor Air Act in public food service establishments not licensed by the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco and in all public lodging establishments.
- Bare Hand Contact/Alternative Operating Procedures
- Bed Bugs in Public Lodging
- Crib Safety
- Emergency Closures
- Fire Violation Reports
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Green Lodging Program
- Florida Department of Health’s Indoor Mold and Your Health
- Food Handler Training
- Food Misrepresentation Cases
- Food Manager Testing
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Infectious Disease Information
- National Fire Protection Association
- New Operator’s Training Guide
- Risk Factors and Food Code Interventions
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Mold Website
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Mold Website
Please use our convenient online contact form to submit any comments and/or questions you may have. In order to better serve you, please include as much information as possible about the nature of your request. To contact the division directly, e-mail us at dhr.Info@myfloridalicense.com. To send information or questions directly to the Bureau of Elevator Safety, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To send questions regarding your restaurant plan review directly to the Plan Review Office, e-mail us at email@example.com. Many of your questions may be addressed in the Restaurant Plan Review FAQs. Please read the Restaurant Plan Review FAQs before sending us an e-mail. To send questions or comments regarding the division’s administrative rules, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Division offices: 850.487.1395
- Our Customer Contact Center is open to serve you between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Fax Number: 850.921.8267
- Please notify us in advance if you are sending a fax to ensure we are aware of the incoming documents.
All requests for public records, complaints, forms, and applications for licenses can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Steven von Bodungen, Acting Director
Division of Hotels and Restaurants
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1011