Florida Statutes and Constitution
Florida Statutes and Constitution. The statutes are updated as a result of every legislative session. The constitution was revised in 1968 and is amended by the voters. This site is maintained by the Florida Legislature. (HTML)
Chapter 509 – Part I
Public Lodging and Public Food Service Establishments
Chapter 559 – Part VII Licensing by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Chapter 83 – Part II: Florida Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
Chapter 386 – Part II: Indoor Air: Tobacco Smoke
Section 865.09: Fictitious Name Registration
Florida Administrative Code
The entire Florida Administrative Code is available in Microsoft Word format. The code is constantly revised. This site is maintained by the Office of the Secretary of State.
Chapter 61C-1: General Chapter 61C-3: Public Lodging Establishments Chapter 61C-4: Public Food Service Establishments Chapter 61C-8: Hospitality Education Programs Grants
- Revised 2018 September – pdf (28 pages)
- As adopted by rule (411 pages) – pdf
Rule Adoption Information
The PDF provides a summary of the division’s rule adoption activity, including rules adopted within the previous twelve months. All rule adoption must follow the requirements of Chapter 120, Florida Statutes. Public notices of rule adoption activity are published in the Florida Administrative Register. Questions about the rulemaking process may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Revised 2019 January – pdf
Upcoming Rule Workshops/Hearings
There are no rule workshops or rule hearings scheduled at this time.
To send questions or comments regarding the division’s administrative rules, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Other Applicable Codes (Including F.D.A. Food Code)
FDA Food Code U.S. Public Health Service — Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Download information and links to the complete 2009 FDA Food Code, including the 2009 Food Code Supplement in HTML and PDF versions.
- Download information and links to the complete 2001 FDA Food Code, including the 2001 Food Code Errata Sheet and 2001 Food Code Supplement in HTML and PDF versions.
- Download Information and links to the complete 1999 FDA Food Code in HTML and PDF versions.
Adopted Excerpts of the FDA Food Code
- FDA – Food Code – U.S. Public Health Service – 2009 – pdf (Effective January 1, 2013)
- FDA – Food Code – U.S. Public Health Service – 2001 – pdf (Replaced January 2013)
- FDA – Food Code – U.S. Public Health Service – 1999 – pdf (Replaced February 2005)
- FDA – Food Code – U.S. Public Health Service – 1997 – pdf (Replaced September 2003)
Note: The 2009 FDA Food Code, adopted by Rule Chapter 61C-1, Florida Administrative Code, became effective January 1, 2013. The 2001 FDA Food Code was formerly adopted. For more information on the 2009 FDA Food Code, please see Industry Bulletin 2012-03 or view our 2009 Food Code webpage . For more information on the 2001 FDA Food Code, please see Industry Bulletin 2005-01.
Florida Building Code
The Florida Building Code was created by the 2000 Florida Legislature to provide uniform regulations throughout the state. The code is adopted by rule 9B-3.047, Florida Administrative Code, by the Florida Building Commission with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The 2010 Florida Building Code became effective March 15, 2012. Chapters applicable to the division are:
- Public Lodging Establishments: Chapter 4, Section 425
- Public Food Service Establishments: Chapter 4, Section 426
This site is maintained by the International Code Council (ICC).
Florida Fire Prevention Code
The Florida Fire Prevention Code is an adaptation of NFPA 1 and NFPA 101. It is adopted as amended by Chapter 69A-60, Florida Administrative Code. The Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of State Fire Marshal website provides additional information.
All requests for public records, complaints, forms, and applications for licenses can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Rick Akin, Director
Division of Hotels and Restaurants
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1011