Division of Hotels and Restaurants
Join our new E-mail Subscription Service to receive industry bulletins and notifications of legislative and policy changes regarding food service, lodging or elevators.
MISSION: Protect the health and safety of the public by providing the industry with quality inspections and fair regulation
The Division of Hotels and Restaurants (H&R) licenses, inspects and regulates public lodging and food service establishments in Florida under Chapter 509, Florida Statutes (FS). The division also licenses and regulates elevators, escalators and other vertical conveyance devices under Chapter 399, FS.
Last fiscal year, the division operated its fourth full year of centralized public food service plan review in Tallahassee providing cost reductions and faster turnaround for its customers; conducted 160,807 public food service and lodging establishment inspections; cited 752,041 violations of sanitary standards in public food service and lodging establishments; completed over 98% of its statutorily required inspections; again achieved its highest rate of elevator compliance, 98.44%, in history; and continued to implement its enterprise-wide re-engineering project to improve future operating efficiencies and enhance inspection procedures. For more information about the division, see our annual reports.
- 2009 Food Code
- Review of 2009 FDA Food Code Changes
- Food Allergen Awareness
- Employee Health Responsibilities
- Annual Report 2012-2013
- E-mail Subscription Service
- Emergency Recovery Guidelines
- 2013 Legislative Changes: Risk-Based Inspection Frequency • Elevators
- Rule Adoption Activity: Food & Lodging • Elevators Statutes & Rules
- Apply Online for Food and Lodging Licenses and Plan Review
- Food Service License Fee Calculator
- Lodging License Fee Calculator
- File a Complaint
- Search for an Inspection
- Restaurants with No Violations
- Food Service Manager Certification
- Food Service Employee Training
- Apply for H&R Employment