Division of Hotels and Restaurants
Join our E-mail Subscription Service to receive industry bulletins and notifications of legislative and policy changes regarding food service, lodging or elevators.
Get the app!
Download the free DBPR Mobile app from the iTunes or Google Play app stores today to verify licenses, view hotel and restaurant inspections and report unlicensed activity with the touch of your finger. To download it from iTunes now, click here.
MISSION: Protect the health and safety of the public by providing the industry with quality inspections and fair regulation
The Division of Hotels and Restaurants (H&R) licenses, inspects and regulates public lodging and food service establishments in Florida under Chapter 509, Florida Statutes (FS). The division also licenses and regulates elevators, escalators and other vertical conveyance devices under Chapter 399, FS.
Last fiscal year, the division operated its fifth full year of centralized public food service plan review in Tallahassee providing cost reductions and faster turnaround for its customers; conducted 160,720 public food service and lodging establishment inspections; cited 501,831 violations of sanitary standards in public food service and lodging establishments; completed over 98% of its statutorily required inspections; again achieved its highest rate of elevator compliance, 98.80%, in history; and continued to implement its enterprise-wide re-engineering project to improve future operating efficiencies and enhance inspection procedures. For more information about the division, see our annual reports.
- Inspection Frequency
- 2009 Food Code
- Review of 2009 FDA Food Code Changes
- Food Allergen Awareness
- Employee Health Responsibilities
- Annual Reports
- E-mail Subscription Service
- Emergency Recovery Guidelines
- 2014 Legislative Changes: Timeshare Projects
- 2015 Legislative Changes
- Rule Adoption Activity: Food & Lodging • Elevators
- Apply Online for Food and Lodging Licenses and Plan Review
- Food Service License Fee Calculator
- Lodging License Fee Calculator
- File a Complaint
- Search for an Inspection
- Food Service Manager Certification
- Food Service Employee Training
- Guide to Temporary Food Service Events
- Apply for H&R Employment
- DACS Food Recovery Resource Guide