Richard “Rick” Morrison, Executive Director
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation is responsible for licensing and regulating mold assessors and mold remediators. The Department’s Bureau of Central Intake and Licensure processes applications for licensure and refers complex applications to the mold-related services licensing office for final review. The Division of Regulation is responsible for complaint analysis and investigations, and the Office of the General Counsel provides prosecutorial services for disciplinary cases. The Department engages in rulemaking to implement the provisions set forth in its statutes and conducts other general business, as necessary.
Federal Lead-Based Paint Abatement Program
The United States Environmental Protection Agency is responsible for administering the lead based paint abatement program. Beginning in April 2010, anyone performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities, and schools built before 1978 must be certified and must follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. You can visit www.epa.gov/opptintr/lead/pubs/traincert.htm for information on certification requirements and training programs.
Mold-Related Services license types
MRSA – A “Mold Assessor” means any person who performs or directly supervises a mold assessment.
MRSR – A “Mold Remediator” means any person who performs mold remediation.
The requirements for becoming licensed in Florida are described in the statutes and rules. Choose a license type to apply.
Continuing Education Provider and Course Approval
- Florida Military Veteran Fee Waiver
- Florida National Guard Fee Waiver
- Military Personnel, Veterans and Military Spouses Licensing Fee Waiver
- Low Income Waiver of Licensing Fee
Note: If you have previously applied for your license, you may check your application status.
- Mold Assessor – Change of Status from Inactive to Active (MRS 0702)
- Mold Assessor – Change of Status from Active to Inactive (MRS 0702)
- Mold Remediator – Change of Status from Inactive to Active (MRS 0702)
- Mold Remediator – Change of Status from Active to Inactive (MRS 0702)
- Mold-Related Services – Request for Name Change or Address Change (MRS 0705)
- Mold-Related Services – Reinstatement of Null and Void License (MRS 0701)
|License Types||Continuing Education Requirements||Fee||Expiration Date|
|Mold Assessor||14 hours of Department approved courses which are in subjects related to mold services.||$105||7/31/EVEN Year|
|Mold Remediator||14 hours of Department approved courses which are in subjects related to mold services.||$105||7/31/EVEN Year|
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Division of Professions
Mold-Related Services Licensing Program
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0791