As of January 1, 2014, the bureau began accepting the updated Elevator Inspection Report that is based on the ASME A17.2 Checklist. The updated form provides a simpler, user-friendly code reference for violations cited and removes the complexity of the suffixes. When citing a violation, the inspector fills in the equipment type (prefix), the 3-digit code and provides written detail in the comments section for each violation and an ASME A17 code reference, as required by Requirement 2-2 of the QEI-1 Standard.
The new form includes important changes to the numeric code list on the reverse side of Page 3, or the ‘pink copy’. Inspectors should use the following codes when filling out the inspection form:
- Code 100 is for violations that do not fit in any other category on the form.
- Codes 101 – 699 codes are basically unchanged.
- Codes 700 – 799 now cover Escalators and Moving Walks (items).
- Codes 800 – 899 now cover MRLs.
- Codes 900 – 998 now cover Accessibility Lifts.
- Code 999 is reserved for DBPR use only.