Division of Hotels and Restaurants
Section 399.125, Florida Statutes, states:
Reporting of elevator accidents; penalties.--Within 5 working days after any accident occurring in or upon any elevator, the certificate of operation holder shall report the accident to the division on a form prescribed by the division. Failure to timely file this report is a violation of this chapter and will subject the certificate of operation holder to an administrative fine, to be imposed by the division, in an amount not to exceed $1,000.
DBPR's new Online Services now allows elevator owners to file accident reports directly from their online account. You can also change address information, renew your license and maintain service maintenance contract information with the online service. Just go to Renew Your License above to create your account and maintain your license(s). You do not need to complete the form below if you file electronically using our online service.
The Bureau of Elevator Safety developed the form below for reporting of elevator accidents:
Elevator Owners Accident Report Form - Word / Fill-in PDF
DBPR HR-7016, form required to be filed in instances of elevator accident within 5 days of the incident.
Fill in the accident report form in either Word or PDF format, save to your local drive and:
- Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send by mail to the address on the form.
The downloadable file below represents an extract of all elevator accidents reported statewide since July 1, 2008. These files are in Microsoft Excel format. To download software to read these documents, go to Excel Viewer 2003.
The data in this extract tracks with the information provided on the current reporting form.
- Elevator Accident Details - Updated weekly
- Elevator Accident Summary by Elevator Type and Calendar Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by Elevator Type and Fiscal Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by Building Type and Calendar Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by Building Type and Fiscal Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by County and Calendar Year Statewide
- Elevator Accident Summary by County and Fiscal Year Statewide