Division of Hotels and Restaurants
Applying for Employment with the Division
The Division of Hotels and Restaurants offers numerous employment opportunities for state service along with competitive pay and many other benefits. If you are interested in working for the division, you will be able to view advertised positions by visiting the People First web site.
- From the People First home page, choose a county in the "Browse Jobs by County" dropdown or the area of the state in which you are interested in working from the map on the left. You can review job openings by individual county or all counties.
- For Food and Lodging Inspector Positions -- Under the "Biology" heading, if you find a Compliance Officer - Sanitation and Safety Specialist (SSS) listed, choose it and the Job Announcement will open.
- For Elevator Inspector Positions -- Under the "Mechanical" heading, if you find a Compliance Officer - Inspection Specialist listed, choose it and the Job Announcement will open.
- For other staff positions, look for "Business and Professional Regulation" as the hiring agency to find job openings. The Job Announcement should indicate that the position is in the Division of Hotels and Restaurants.
- Choose the button "Begin Application Process" and you will be able to complete your application and submit on-line through the People First system.
- After you submit, you will get a confirmation that your submission was successful. Print a copy of this page - this proves you applied in the event People First has problems downloading your application.
Please be advised that the Department of Health and Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services also utilize the class title of SSS.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne Keele.