Temporary License For Military Spouse
Valid for 6 months: Non-renewable
A spouse of an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States may be issued a temporary license to practice a profession in Florida. The applicant’s spouse must be on active duty and assigned to a duty station in Florida. The applicant must hold a valid license for the profession in another state, the District of Columbia, any United States territory or possession, or a foreign jurisdiction. The temporary license is valid for six months.
- Purpose: This license type is intended to allow the spouse of an active duty military member who is assigned to a duty station in Florida the opportunity to work in his/her respective profession. If the spouse desires to practice beyond the expiration of the "Temporary License", we recommend beginning the regular licensing application process as soon as possible.
- Military Spouse: Applicants must be married to an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States. Applicants must provide a copy of their military dependent ID card.
- Military Orders: The applicant’s spouse must be assigned to a duty station in Florida. Applicants must provide a copy of their spouse’s military orders that reflect an active duty assignment in Florida.
- Certificate of Licensure: Applicants must hold a valid license for the profession in another state, the District of Columbia, any United States territory or possession, or a foreign jurisdiction. Applicants are required to provide a copy of the certificate of licensure and a copy of the statutes and/or rules that define the scope of work for the current license.
- Fingerprints: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our Fingerprint FAQs.
- Fee: Pay the required fee as marked on the application, payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Florida Residence: In order to obtain a Temporary License for Military Spouse, Florida law requires you to live in the state of Florida.
- Application: Complete the application by clicking on the “Printable Application” link at the bottom of the page.
If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please see the FAQs, or call or email the Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395 oruse our convenient contact form to submit any comments and/or questions you may have. In order to better serve you, please include as much information as possible about the nature of your request.
Application currently unavailable using Online services Apply Using a Printable Application