Division of Certified Public Accounting
Mail all applications and supporting documentation to:
DBPR Central Intake Unit
2601 Blair Stone Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783
Applicants wishing to sit for the examination must:
- Submit an application (Click here to Apply Online), official transcripts and pay a $50.00 application fee.
- Be of Good Moral Character as outlined in Section 437.306(2)(b), F.S.
- Meet the Education Requirements (Click here to read the Education Requirements); and
- Submit the Authorization for Interstate Exchange of Examination and Licensure Information (This form is required if you ever sat in another jurisdiction, even if no sections of the exam were passed. Please contact your home state to determine if there is a processing fee required to submit your information to Florida.) NOTE: If your home jursidiction does not verify scores, you will have to order them from NASBA.
For more information relating to the actual exam, please visit:
In the computer based testing environment, candidates are able to take the CPA examination in four examination window annually. An examination window is a three-month period comprised of two months in which the examination can be taken and one month in which the examination will not be offered while routine maintenance is performed and the item bank refreshed. Please click on the following link to get a list of available sites:
EXAMINATION DATES & SITES
For information relating to examination dates and sites, please visit the NASBA website at:
If you plan to sit for the BEC or REG sections on or after April 1, 2017, the earliest you may schedule your test date is March 11, 2017. This scheduling hold supports the change to the next version of the BEC and REG Exam sections, which increase from three hours to four hours each as of April 1, 2017.
Seats will be available for candidates who plan to sit for the BEC and REG Exam sections in early April.
IMPORTANT: This announcement does not impact AUD or FAR test scheduling for April 1 and beyond. AUD and FAR scheduling may be done now on the Prometric website.
SPECIAL NOTICE ON RESCHEDULING
The rescheduling process will be different if you are changing your appointment from the current version of the BEC and REG (from now until March 10th) to the new version of the BEC and REG (on or after April 1st). Here are the steps that you will follow to change your appointment.
- Cancel your original appointment. This will reset your NTS for scheduling.
PREPARING FOR THE EXAMINATION
NASBA publishes a Candidate Bulletin, which contains valuable information for anyone who plans to the Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination. The Candidate Bulletin includes information regarding the application process, how to schedule exams, reschedule appointments, center closings, time allotted for exam sections, acceptable identification, penalties for misconduct, reviewing scores, and exam tips, just to name a few. To download the bulletin, please click here.