Division of Certified Public Accounting
Frequently Asked Questions - License Maintenance (Firms)
1. Can a CPA be associated with more than firm?
Yes. In your annual report, let the BOA know of any new CPA to the firm.
2. How do I change the name of my firm?
You must submit a CPA firm application and pay the appropriate fees.
3. How do I add and new CPA or a non-CPA owner to the firm?
You will, in your annual report, let the BoA know of any new CPA or a non-CPA owner to the firm.
4. My CPA just died or retired. What does the firm have to do?
Your firm may retain the names of deceased or retired partners, shareholder, or members who were active partners, shareholder, or members for the firm. However, your business entity may change from one form (i.e. corporation, partnership, LLC, etc) to another and continue use of the names of the deceased or retired.
6. How should I handle a client records request?
If the record(s) are in your (the CPA and/or the Firms) possession, you are required to furnish this information in a reasonable amount of time. Refer to 61H1-23.002 F.A.C.
7. How do I update my Firm's location address?
In order to update your location address, you must submit a written request that is signed by an owner of the firm to:
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1027
8. How do I update my Firm's mailing address?
You can update your Firm's mailing address online at: