Division of Certified Public Accounting
Frequently Asked Questions – Temporary Permits
1. How do I obtain a temporary permit?
You must submit a completed temporary permit application and application fee (see Rules 61H1-29.002 and 61H1-29.0025).
2. How long does the permit last?
The permit is good for 90 days from the start of the engagement.
3. What do I do if I need more than 90 days?
You must submit another temporary permit application and application fee before your current temporary permit expires.
4. Can I start my engagement before my application is processed and approved?
No, your application must be approved before you can start the engagement.
5. How far in advance of the date of engagement should I apply for my temporary permit?
You are required by Rule 61H1-29.002(1) to file you application at least 30 days before your date of engagement