DIVISION OF DRUGS, DEVICES AND COSMETICS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Drugs, Devices and Cosmetics (“DDC”) cannot and does not give legal advice or advisory opinions. Nothing on this site constitutes legal advice, and the department strongly recommends relying only on the advice of a private attorney.
- Does my company need a permit?
- My company distributes medical convenience kits and other “combination products” to customers in Florida. Do we need a permit?
- My company's administrative office does not handle any prescription drugs. Do we still need to get a permit for that location?
- My company is relocating its operation. Do we need to apply for a new permit?
- My company is undergoing a change of ownership. Do we need to (re)apply?
- My company is a prescription drug wholesale distributor (in-state or out-of-state). Our Certified Designated Representative (CDR) just quit. What do we do?
- My company manufactures and/or distributes active pharmaceutical ingredient (“API”) to customers in Florida. Do we need a permit?
- Are there any exceptions to the licensing requirements under Chapter 499, Florida Statutes?
- Are there any special provisions under Chapter 499, Florida Statutes for research and development?
- Can the department give a variance from or waiver of requirements set forth in Chapter 499, Florida Statutes.
- What is a prescription drug pedigree? Does my company have to acquire one or provide one?