HURRICANE IAN – STATE OF EMERGENCY
Based on the dangers associated with Hurricane Ian, Governor Ron DeSantis declared a state of emergency in all Florida counties to ensure precautions are taken to protect the communities, critical infrastructure, and general welfare of Florida. The Department’s Emergency Information Page will be continually updated with executive orders, agency emergency orders, and other updates pertinent to Department stakeholders. Please visit this page for updates during the course of the state of emergency associated with Hurricane Ian.
Executive Orders of Governor Ron DeSantis
09.24.2022 EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 22-219 – Amends Executive Order 22-218 to include all 67 Florida counties
09.23.2022 EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 22-218 – Declares a State of Emergency in 24 counties for Tropical Depression Nine
Agency Emergency Orders
09.28.2022 DBPR EMERGENCY ORDER 2022-01 extends the renewal deadline from September 30 or October 1, 2022, to October 31, 2022, for the following licenses:
- Real Estate: Sales Associates, Broker Sales Associates, Brokers, Corporate Brokers, Partnerships, and Corporations and Branch Offices;
- Alcoholic Beverages: Retail Vendors, Distributors, Manufacturers, Importers, Brokers, Sales Agents, and Passenger Common Carriers;
- Drugs, Devices, and Cosmetics: Prescription Drug Wholesalers, Prescription Drug Wholesaler – Broker Only, Out-of-State Prescription Drug Wholesalers, and All Other DDC Licenses;
- Hotels and Restaurants: Public Lodging Establishments, Vacation Rentals, Timeshare Projects, and Public Food Service Establishments; and
- Community Association Managers.
Licenses renewed on or before October 31, 2022 shall be considered as timely renewals and will not be assessed any late fees.
DBPR Emergency Order 2022-01 also extends the deadline for the filing of monthly reports and returns by certain alcoholic beverage and tobacco license holders from October 10, 2022, to October 31, 2022. Additionally, the order suspends and tolls through October 31, 2022, all final orders reflecting final agency action and all time requirements and deadlines for filing responses outlined in agency orders.
- The Florida Board of Auctioneers meeting scheduled for September 27, 2022, in Tallahassee, Florida, is cancelled. The meeting will be rescheduled for a subsequent date.
- The Florida Accessibility Advisory Council and Product Approval teleconference meeting scheduled for September 29, 2022, is cancelled. The meeting will be rescheduled for a subsequent date.
- The Florida Barbers’ Board meeting scheduled for October 2, 2022, in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, is cancelled. The meeting will be rescheduled for a subsequent date.
- The Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board hybrid meeting scheduled for October 3, 2022, in Orlando, Florida, is cancelled. The meeting will be rescheduled for a subsequent date.
- The Florida Cosmetology Board meeting scheduled for October 3–4, 2022, in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, is cancelled. The meeting will be rescheduled for a subsequent date.
- The Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board meeting scheduled for October 5–7, 2022, in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, is cancelled. The meeting will be rescheduled for a subsequent date.
DBPR Hurricane Guide
See our hurricane guide for preparedness checklists, and tips and resources for after a storm hits.
Florida Disaster Contractors Network
DBPR is a founding partner of the Disaster Contractors Network (DCN), a contractor-verified clearinghouse to connect individuals with building professionals to address storm-related construction and repairs. DBPR-licensed contractors looking to help with post-storm construction-related services are encouraged to register with the DCN.
All requests for publications, documents, forms, applications for licenses, permits and other similar certifications can be obtained by contacting the Customer Contact Center.
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2202