Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes
Registration of Homeowners’ Associations (HOA)
To register your Homeowners’ Association, you must create an online account. Once your account has been created, you will receive an e-mail with a temporary password; you may then create your own unique, secure password. Check your Junk Mail or SPAM folder for this e-mail if you do not receive your temporary password after a short amount of time
NOTICE: Please do not register a Condominium Association subject to Chapter 718, FS, a Cooperative association subject to Chapter 719, FS, a Timeshare Association subject to Chapter 721, FS or a Mobile Home Park subject to Chapter 723, FS.
If you have questions or need assistance with completing the registration form, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.488.1122 or use our convenient contact form.
Chapter 2013-218, Laws of Florida, amended Chapter 720, Florida Statutes, to require homeowners’ associations, which meet the definition of section 720.301(9), Florida Statutes, to register with the Division by November 22, 2013. Homeowners’ associations that are required to register with the Division must be a Florida corporation responsible for the operation of a community or a mobile home subdivision in which:
- the voting membership is made up of parcel owners
- and membership is a mandatory condition of parcel ownership,
- and in which the association is authorized to impose assessments that, if unpaid, may become a lien on the parcel.
The term “homeowners’ association” does not include a community development district or other similar special taxing district created pursuant to statute.
- Legal Name of homeowners’ association
- Federal employer identification number
- Mailing and physical addresses
- Total number of parcels
- Total amount of revenues and expenses from the association’s annual budget
For associations in which control of the association has not been transitioned to non-developer members, the following information must also be reported:
- Legal Name of developer
- Mailing address
- Total number of parcels owned on the date of reporting
If you are a Community Association Manager filing on behalf of the association, please provide your License Number.