Division of Hotels and Restaurants
Join our new E-mail Subscription Service to receive industry bulletins and notifications of legislative and policy changes regarding food service, lodging or elevators.
MISSION: Protect the health and safety of the public by providing the industry with quality inspections and fair regulation
The Division of Hotels and Restaurants (H&R) licenses, inspects and regulates public lodging and food service establishments in Florida under Chapter 509, Florida Statutes (FS). The division also licenses and regulates elevators, escalators and other vertical conveyance devices under Chapter 399, FS.
Last fiscal year, the division operated its third full year of centralized public food service plan review in Tallahassee providing cost reductions and faster turnaround for its customers; conducted 162,953 public food service and lodging establishment inspections; cited 724,864 violations of sanitary standards in public food service and lodging establishments; completed over 98% of its statutorily required inspections; again achieved its highest rate of elevator compliance, 97.22%, in history; and continued to implement its enterprise-wide re-engineering project to improve future operating efficiencies and enhance inspection procedures. For more information about the division, see our annual reports.
- 2009 Food Code
- Annual Report 2011-2012
- E-mail Subscription Service
- Food Service Employee Training Rule Changes
- Emergency Recovery Guidelines - 2011
- 2012 Legislative Changes
- Rule Adoption Activity: Food & Lodging • Elevators Statutes & Rules
- File a Complaint
- Restaurants with No Violations
- Search for an Inspection
- Apply for H&R Employment
- Apply Online for Food and Lodging Licenses and Plan Review
- Food Service Manager Certification
- Food Service Employee Training
- Food Service License Fee Calculator
- Lodging License Fee Calculator