Division of Hotels and Restaurants
License fees are based upon the following:
- License classification and size (number of seats or units)
- County where the business is located. The division divides the state into 7 licensing districts according to county. Licenses expire each year at the following times:
- District 1 - October 1
- District 2 - December 1
- District 3 - February 1
- District 4 - April 1
- District 5 - June 1
- District 6 - June 1
- District 7 - December 1
- When the application is made.
- Full-year fee: Each license applicant must pay the full license fee if application is made during the renewal period (about 2 months before expiration) or more than 6 months prior to the next renewal period.
- 1/2-year fee: If application is made 6 months or less prior to the next renewal period, the applicant may pay the half-year fee. The $10 HEP fee is not prorated.
- Hospitality Education Program (HEP) Fee: $10 - This fee is added into the license fees below and used by division solely to fund the Hospitality Education Program.
Application Fee : $50
This fee must be paid in addition to license fees when making an application for a new or change of ownership license.
To assist you in determining the correct fee, the division has provided a license fee calculator. This calculator requires Microsoft Excel®. To download software to read these documents, please go to Excel Viewer 2003. A help file is available for your assistance.