Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes
Advisory Council on Condominiums
Created by the Florida Legislature in 2004, the Advisory Council on Condominiums consists of seven members: three members appointed by the Governor, two appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and two appointed by the President of the Senate. The Director of the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes serves as an ex officio nonvoting member.
Functions of the Advisory Council
- Receive, from the public, input regarding issues of concern with respect to condominiums and recommendations for changes in condominium law. This includes, but is not limited to, the rights and responsibilities of unit owners in relation to the rights and responsibilities of associations.
- Review, evaluate, and advise the division concerning revisions and adoption of rules affecting condominiums.
- Recommend improvements, if needed, in the education programs offered by the division.
- The council may elect a chair and vice chair and such other officers as it may deem advisable.
- The council shall meet at the call of its chair, at the request of a majority of its membership, at the request of the division, or at such times as it may prescribe.
- A majority of the members of the council shall constitute a quorum.
- Council action may be taken by vote of a majority of the voting members who are present at a meeting where there is a quorum.
Public Input - Click here to provide public input to the Advisory Council
List of Advisory Council Members:
Michael Andrew, Chair
Vice President & Assistant General Counsel
Marriott International, Inc.
Peter Dunbar, Vice-Chair
Pennington, Moore, Wilkinson, Bell and Dunbar
Cornett, Googe and Associates, P.A.
Dania Beach, Florida
Gerald L. Koenig
Melissa Van Dine
Michael Cochran (ex officio)
Director of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes
The following links provide copies of the public notice, agenda and minutes for recently held meetings. You may obtain records for earlier meetings by contacting the division via e-mail at: Public Input
December 12, 2007 MEETING CANCELLED
June 27, 2008 Meeting Cancelled