Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes
Approved Education Providers
Notice: By accessing the links below you will be leaving the DBPR website. DBPR is not responsible for the content of the website you are about to enter. DBPR neither warrants nor makes any representations nor endorsements as to the accuracy, quality, content or completeness of the information, text, images, graphics, hyperlinks and other items contained on the website you are about to enter. DBPR is not responsible or liable for any viruses or contaminations of your hardware, software, peripherals or property, resulting from use of websites linked to the DBPR website.
- The Condominium Concept: a practical guide for officers, owners, and directors of Florida condominiums. / Peter M. Dunbar. – 11th ed. This publication is designed to be a quick and easy reference source for condominium association operations under the Condominium Act. This book is available at most retail outlets for $27.95, $21.95 (soft cover) and may also be acquired from the publisher, Pine Apple Press, Inc., P.O. Box 3889, Sarasota Florida, 34230, or www.pineapplepress.com
- The Condominium Management Suite: Convenient, Affordable Online Training Available 24/7 to Condominium Board Members. The Human Equation’s suite of courses, written in clear, everyday language, encompasses 10 hours of training in the 8 titles currently available. This courseware covers all areas of condominium governance and helps individuals comply with the new provisions of Chapter 718, The Condominium Act. The full suite of courses is available at a discounted rate of $66.74; individual courses start at $9.95. In addition, a Board of Directors package is available and includes unlimited access to all courses, as well as document distribution and retention solutions. DVDs are also available. Visit www.floridacondotraining.com or call 800-527-9667.
Community Associations Institute (CAI) offers numerous education and training opportunities for community association board members and unit owners. Maximize your role as a board member, volunteer leader or owner by better understanding the history, purpose and function of community associations. After participating in CAI’s live seminars, webinars and free online courses, and downloading resources such as An Introduction to Community Association Living, Community Association Governance Guidelines and Rights and Responsibilities for Better Communities, you will have the specialized tools and skills needed to make your role and activities as a unit owner, volunteer community leader or association officer even more focused and effective. If you are interested in attending one of CAI’s local homeowner education programs, call CAI toll-free at (888) 224-4321, visit us online at www.caionline.org or contact your local CAI chapter in:
- Southeast Florida (Miami-Dade and Broward counties)
- Suncoast (Tampa, St. Petersburg area)
- Gold Coast (Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Port St. Lucie area)
- Mid-Florida (Orlando, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville area)
- North Gulf Coast (Florida Panhandle)
- South Gulf Coast (Port Charlotte, Fort Myers, Naples area)
- West Florida (Sarasota and Manatee counties