Military Veteran Fee Waiver Program
Under legislation which passed during the 2012 Legislative Session, the Department has the ability to waive the initial licensing fee, the initial application fee, and the initial unlicensed activity fee for military veterans who apply to the Department for a state professional license. The application must be submitted within 24 months after an honorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- The initial license fee, initial application fee and initial unlicensed activity fee will be waived for veterans returning from service, provided the veteran applies for licensure within 24 months of being honorably discharged.
- This waiver does not include examination fees or other incidental fees.
- The applicant must have served in a branch of the United States Armed Forces, including National Guard units.
- The applicant must have been honorably discharged in the past 24 months prior to the date of application.
- The applicant must provide a DD-214 or NGB-22 form as proof of honorable discharge.
- The Military Veteran Fee Waiver Request must be submitted with your application for licensure.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking on the "Waiver Request Form" link below.
- Mail your completed application, documentation and application for licensure to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, 1940 N. Monroe St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783.
- If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please see the FAQs, or call or email the Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395 or use our convenient contact form to submit any comments and/or questions you may have. In order to better serve you, please include as much information as possible about the nature of your request.