Regulatory Council of Community Association Managers
Definition of Occupation and Class Codes
In general the term "community association" means a residential homeowners' association in which membership is a condition of ownership of a unit or of a lot for a home or a mobile home or of a townhouse, villa, condominium, cooperative, or other residential unit which is part of a planned unit development or residential development scheme and which is authorized to impose a fee which may become a lien on the parcel.
Definitions including the occupation codes and class codes, where applicable
CAM - A "community association manager" means a person who is licensed to perform community association management services including the following:
• Practices requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and managerial skill when done for remuneration and when the association or associations served contain more than 10 units or have an annual budget or budgets in excess of $100,000;
• controlling or disbursing funds of a community association;
• preparing budgets or other financial documents for a community association;
• assisting in the noticing or conduct of community association meetings;
• coordinating maintenance for the residential development and other day-to-day services involved with the operation of a community association.
A person who performs clerical or ministerial functions under the direct supervision and control of a licensed manager or who is charged only with performing the maintenance of a community association and who does not assist in any of the management services described above is not required to be licensed.
CAB - A "community association management firm" means a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, trust, association, sole proprietorship, or other similar organization engaging in the business of community association management for the purpose of providing any of the services described above.