Board of Veterinary Medicine
Definition of Occupation and Class Codes
VL - A "limited-service veterinary medical practice" means offering or providing veterinary services at any location that has a primary purpose other than that of providing veterinary medical service at a permanent or mobile establishment permitted by the board; providing veterinary medical services for privately owned animals that do not reside at that location; operating for a limited time; and providing limited types of veterinary medical services.
VM - A "veterinarian" means a person who is licensed to engage in the following activities:
• diagnosing of medical conditions of animals;
• prescribing, dispensing, or administering drugs, medicine, appliances, applications, or treatment of whatever nature for the prevention, cure, or relief of a wound, fracture, bodily injury, or disease thereof;
• performing any manual procedure for the diagnosis of or treatment for pregnancy or fertility or infertility of animals; or
• determining the health, fitness, or soundness of an animal; and
• surgery, acupuncture, obstetrics, dentistry, physical therapy, radiology, theriogenology, and other branches or specialties of animal medicine.
VE - a premises permit is required for an establishment, permanent or mobile, where a licensed veterinarian practices.