|THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
|3:37:04 PM 2/24/2024
Real Estate Instructor Permit - By Examination (Form RE 3)
An instructor is an individual who instructs persons in the classroom in noncredit college courses in a college, university, or community college or courses in an area technical center or proprietary real estate school. The Department issues a license/permit number to an instructor to teach Florida real estate courses.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Must qualify by passing the real estate instructor exam.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: You must have an United States Social Security number to apply. You may visit the Social Security Administration website for information on how to obtain one.
- EXAMINATIONS: The examination is given by Pearson Vue. To Learn more visit their website to find a location near you to set up your exam once the application has been approved by the DBPR. The Candidate Information Booklet is a useful source to help guide you through the examination process.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Online Services" link or the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the
application. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard
members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee
discount. Please visit our DBPR Military
Services page for more information.
An applicant must have a background check as part of
the licensing process. You must submit your
fingerprints using a Livescan Service Provider registered with
FDLE immediately after submitting your
application for licensure. It may take up to five days for your fingerprint results to be
received by the Department after they are submitted to the Florida Department
of Law enforcement (FDLE). Please note
that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement requires that an application for
licensure should precede the submission of your fingerprints. To learn more
about fingerprinting, please visit our Fingerprinting webpage.
Learn more about this profession's application requirements(use the back button or arrow to return to this page)
Learn more about this profession (use the back button or arrow to return to this page)
- NOTICE FOR APPLICANTS SUBMITTING FINGERPRINTS WHERE CRIMINAL RECORD RESULTS WILL BE USED FOR LICENSING PURPOSES
- BROWSER: We recommend using Firefox or Safari when accessing any links or documents on this site.
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.
:: Email: :: Customer Contact Center: 850.487.1395
The State of Florida is an AA/EEO employer.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact the office by phone or by traditional mail.
If you have any questions, please contact 850.487.1395. *Pursuant to Section 455.275(1), Florida Statutes, effective October 1, 2012, licensees licensed under Chapter 455, F.S. must provide the Department with an email address if they have one.
The emails provided may be used for official communication with the licensee. However email addresses are public record. If you do not wish to supply a personal address, please provide the Department with an email address which can be made available to the public.
Please see our page to determine if you are affected by this change.