Registered Pool/Spa Contractor - Limited Non-Renewable Registration (CILB 20)
Individuals licensed in another state, may obtain a limited, nonrenewal registration to complete a single project in Florida.
Limited non-renewable registrations include the following license types: Air Conditioning, Building, General, Mechanical, Plumbing, Pool/Spa, Residential, Roofing, Sheet Metal, Glass and Glazing, Specialty (Drywall, Structure, Solar Water Heating, Gas Line) and Underground Utility and Excavation.
Pool/Spa contractor licenses are available in three categories - Commercial, Residential and Servicing.
FINANCIAL/CREDIT: Applicants will need to provide proof of financial stability and responsibility by submitting credit reports for themselves and the business entities (if applicable). Credit reports must include a FICO derived credit score and indicate that local, state and federal records have been searched.
An applicant must have a background check as part of
the licensing process. You must submit your
fingerprints using a Livescan Service Provider registered with
FDLE immediately after submitting your
application for licensure. It may take up to five days for your fingerprint results to be
received by the Department after they are submitted to the Florida Department
of Law enforcement (FDLE). Please note
that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement requires that an application for
licensure should precede the submission of your fingerprints. To learn more
about fingerprinting, please visit our Fingerprinting webpage.
- NOTICE FOR APPLICANTS SUBMITTING FINGERPRINTS WHERE CRIMINAL RECORD RESULTS WILL BE USED FOR LICENSING PURPOSES
- OUT-OF-STATE LICENSE: You must provide a copy of your out-of-state license from the state in which you currently operate.
- EXAMINATION: You must provide proof that a competency exam has been taken in the state in which you operate.
- DEFINITIONS: Multiple license types are available in this licensure category. A list of license types and a description of each can be found on our website.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application. If applying online, you can pay with a credit card or electronic check. If mailing your application, please include a check payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military Services page for more information.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Online Services" link or the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.