Click here to access the department's home page
   Apply for a License
Verify a Licensee
View Food & Lodging Inspections
File a Complaint
Continuing Education Course Search
View Application Status
Find Exam Information
Unlicensed Activity Search
AB&T Delinquent Invoice & Activity List Search
Clear Dot Image
  6:33:53 AM 5/18/2024
Clear Dot Image

Adding Driving and/or Transportation Authorization to Your License

These authorizations are needed if you intend to be the driver of a vehicle authorized to transport farm workers or provide a vehicle to be used to carry farm workers.

Application Requirements:
  • AGE: FOR DRIVING you must be at least 21 years of age
  • DRIVER'S LICENSE: FOR DRIVING you must possess a valid driver's license of the proper class for the vehicle used.
  • PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: FOR DRIVING you must take and pass a physical examination and have your doctor submit WH-515, Doctor's Certificate. This form is good for three (3) years from date of physical. A DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate is an acceptable replacement for this form; however, it has its own expiration date.

  • VEHICLE INSPECTION: FOR TRANSPORTATION you must submit WH-514, Vehicle Mechanical Inspection. This form is good for one year from the date of inspection. It must be completed by a mechanic and submitted for each vehicle utilized to carry farm workers to and/or from the worksite.
  • INSURANCE: FOR TRANSPORTATION you must submit a Certificate of Insurance. This certificate is good until the end of the policy period. For more information see Farm Labor FAQs.
  • INSURANCE CANCELLATION AGREEMENT: FOR TRANSPORTATION you must submit a signed Insurance Cancellation Agreement form. This form is good for one year from date of signature. For more information see Farm Labor FAQs.
  • WORKERS' COMPENSATION: FOR TRANSPORTATION you must submit proof of Worker's Compensation insurance. If coverage is provided by your employer submit FLRT 3111; if you have your own policy submit FLRT 3100A. Proof of Workers' Compensation is needed when your auto liability limits are less than $100,000 per seat. For more information see Farm Labor FAQs.

If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.

Application Currently Unavailable Using Online Services

Apply Using a Printable Application
2601 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee FL 32399 :: Email: Customer Contact Center :: Customer Contact Center: 850.487.1395

The State of Florida is an AA/EEO employer. Copyright ©2023 Department of Business and Professional Regulation - State of Florida. Privacy Statement

Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact the office by phone or by traditional mail. If you have any questions, please contact 850.487.1395. *Pursuant to Section 455.275(1), Florida Statutes, effective October 1, 2012, licensees licensed under Chapter 455, F.S. must provide the Department with an email address if they have one. The emails provided may be used for official communication with the licensee. However email addresses are public record. If you do not wish to supply a personal address, please provide the Department with an email address which can be made available to the public. Please see our Chapter 455 page to determine if you are affected by this change.