Initial Application-Sales Associate License (Form RE 1)
A sales associate is a person who, for another, and for compensation or in anticipation of compensation, appraises, auctions, sells, exchanges, buys, rents or offers, attempts or agrees to appraise, auction, or negotiate any sale, exchange, purchase, or rental of business enterprises or any real property or any interest in or concerning the same or who advertises the same, but who performs such act under the direction, control, or management of a broker or owner/developer.
- AGE: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: You must have a United States Social Security number to apply. You may visit the Social Security Administration website for information on how to obtain one.
- EDUCATION: Must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
PRE-LICENSE EDUCATION: Prior to sitting for the state exam you must show proof of course completion of Florida approved 63 hour pre-license education for sales associates. The course is good for two (2) years from the date of completion. An expired course will not be accepted at the exam site and you will not be able to sit for your exam without proof of a valid course completion slip. The course is not required at the time of application submission. You may submit application for state exam approval prior to taking the pre-license education. See the list of approved providers.
- EXAMINATIONS: The examination is given by Pearson Vue. To Learn more visit their website to find a location near you to set up your exam once the application has been approved by the DBPR. The Candidate Information Booklet is a useful source to help guide you through the examination process.
- FEE: The fee is $89 which can be paid either by using our Online Services or by personal check or money order.
FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our fingerprint FAQs
APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Online Services" link or the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
Learn more about obtaining this profession (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).
Learn more about this profession's application requirements (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.