Application for Sales Associate License - Non-Florida Resident (Form RE 1)
A sales associate is a person who, for another, and for compensation or in anticipation of compensation, appraises, auctions, sells, exchanges, buys, rents or offers, attempts or agrees to appraise, auction, or negotiate any sale, exchange, purchase, or rental of business enterprises or any real property or any interest in or concerning the same or who advertises the same, but who performs such act under the direction, control, or management of a broker or owner/developer.
- AGE: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: You must have a United States Social Security number to apply. You may visit the Social Security Administration website for information on how to obtain one.
- EDUCATION: Must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
EDUCATION EXEMPTIONS: If you hold a 4 year degree in real estate you may be exempt from the pre-license education requirement. In order to determine your exemption please submit an original certified transcript with your application for review. If you wish to submit prior to application, please send an original certified transcript with cover letter to: Division of Real Estate, Attention: Education Section, 400 West Robinson Street, Suite N801 Orlando, Florida 32801.
- PRE-LICENSE EDUCATION: Must complete and pass a Florida Real Estate Commission approved 63-hour Sales Associate pre-license course. See the list of approved providers. For more information about exemptions from this course, please visit our Department 'Ask us' button at the top of the website and input in the search field provided - real estate education exemption.
- EXAMINATIONS: The examination is given by Pearson Vue. To Learn more visit their website to find a location near you to set up your exam once the application has been approved by the DBPR. The Candidate Information Booklet is a useful source to help guide you through the examination process. You must bring a copy of your valid completion slip or education exemption letter to the exam site each time you go to take the exam. You will not be allowed to take the exam without proof of valid education or education exemption letter. Please be aware of your expiration dates. The exam eligibility is good for two years from the date the application has been approved by the DBPR. The pre- license education expires two years from the date the course is completed (course completion slip shows completion/finish date). These dates most often are different and one will expire before the other.
- FEE: The fee is $89 which can be paid either by personal check or money order.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our fingerprint FAQs
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking "Printable Application" at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, this application is not available online at this time.
Learn more about this profession's application requirements (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).
Learn more about this profession (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.