Application for Registering An Appraisal Management Company (FREAB 1)
FS 475.6235 states in part, A person may not engage in appraisal management services for compensation in this state advertise or represent herself or himself as an appraisal management company, or use the titles appraisal management company, appraiser cooperative,appraiser portal, or mortgage technology company, or any abbreviation or words to that effect, unless the person is registered with the department as an appraisal management company under this section. However, an employee of an appraisal management company is not required to obtain a separate registration.
Required to Register: 475.6235 F.S.- Registration of appraisal management companies required:(1) A person may not engage in appraisal management services for compensation in this state, advertise or represent herself or himself as an appraisal management company, or use the titles appraisal management company,appraiser cooperative, appraiser portal, or mortgage technology company, or any abbreviation or words to that effect, unless the person is registered with the department as an appraisal management company under this section. However, an employee of an appraisal management company is not required to obtain a separate registration.
If you are a person who possesses the authority, directly or indirectly, to direct the management or policies of the appraisal management company, whether through ownership, by contract, or otherwise, including, but not limited to:
1. Each officer and director if the appraisal management company is a corporation.
2. Each general partner if the appraisal management company is a partnership.
3. Each manager or managing member if the appraisal management company is a limited liability company.
4. The owner if the appraisal management company is a sole proprietorship.
5. Each other person who, directly or indirectly, owns or controls 10 percent or more of an ownership interest in the appraisal management company.
- Register with Secretary of State, Division of Corps: Prior to filing the application for an Appraisal Management Company, the entity has to be registered with the Florida Secretary of State, Division of Corporations to do business in this state. Click here to visit their website. NOTE: Clicking the link will take you away from the Department of Business and Professional Regulation web page. Any questions you may have about the webpage should be directed to the Division of Corporations
- Fees: Please include a check or money order in the amount of $450.00 with the application and all supporting documents. You can make it payable to Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Mail the fee, application, and all supporting documentation to: Department of Business and Professional Regulation - 1940 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399.
- Application: The application is only available in paper format at this time. Please go to the bottom of the requirement page and click on Printable Application.
- Registered Trainees: A Register Trainee Appraiser may not be an Authorized Representative of an Appraisal Management Company. S.475.6221(3), Florida Statutes provides that a supervising certified appraiser may not be employed by a trainee or by a coproration, partnership, firm, or group in which the trainee has a controlling interest. For a complete reading of the statute, please click the section above.
Company Owned AMC: If a company owns all or part of the Appraisal Management Company, list the name of the company followed by all authorized representatives of that company in section II of the application.
- Authorized Representative: If you are an Authorized Representative as defined above, then you will be required to complete the Background Questionnaire and submit electronic fingerprints to determine if you are eligible. A Background Questionnaire and electronic fingerprints are required for each Authorized Representative with the Appraisal Management Company. The application for Appraisal Management Company will not be approved until all background questionnaires and fingerprint results are received and reviewed by the Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board.
- Fingerprints: An Authorized Representative is required to complete electronic fingerprints. The department has a variety of vendors with multiple locations available. Please visit the following link for Electronic Fingerprinting Frequently Asked Questions. The fee for this service is paid to the approved vendor by the applicant.
- More Information: Learn More about this profession by visiting our home page or our FAQs. (use the back button to return to this page)
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.