Click here to access the department's home page
     Log On
   Search for a Licensee
   Apply for a License
   View Application Status
   Find Exam Information
   File a Complaint
   AB&T Delinquent
    Invoice & Activity
    List Search
Clear Dot Image
  2:38:11 PM 1/21/2017
Clear Dot Image

Initial State Company Farm Labor Contractor License

The State Company signer must pass the state licensing examination and hold a valid federal license to qualify for Farm Labor Company Contractor license in the State of Florida.

Application Requirements:
  • FEDERAL CERTIFICATE: You must hold valid federal certificate of registration before a state registration can be issued. Submit the original federal application along with a completed fingerprint card obtained from your local Sheriff's office to: United States Department of Labor, National Certificate Team, Post Office Box 56447, Atlanta, Georgia 30343- 447, Phone: 404.893.6030. For additional information and application form, please visit federal website. There is no fee to apply for a federal license.

  • STATE APPLICATION: Please submit a copy of the federal application, DBPR FCL 1004, and the Addendum to Application for a Farm Labor Contractor Certificate of Registration, to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. A fingerprint card is not required to apply for state license.
  • FEES: You must submit $125.00 in the form of a cashier's check or money order payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

  • CITIZENSHIP: If you were not born in the United States you must submit proof that you can legally work in the United States. This proof must be provided to both offices.

  • AGE: An individual applying for certification must be at least 18 years of age.

  • BACKGROUND: You must not have been convicted within the last five years of crimes listed under Item 6 of the federal form.

  • PAYROLL: If you are responsible for the payroll, IRS Form 8821 must be submitted. This form should be sent to Atlanta only along with your federal application.

  • TRANSPORTATION AUTHORIZATION: This authorization is needed only if you intend to provide a vehicle to be used to carry migrant and seasonal farm workers to and/or from the worksite. For more information see instructions on Adding Transportation Authorization to your Business License.

  • EXAMINATION: The State Company Signer must take and pass the examination which is offered as a computer based test. For more information see instructions on State Company Contractor Examination Request.

If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.

Application Currently Unavailable Using Online Services

Apply Using a Printable Application
2601 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee FL 32399 :: Email: Customer Contact Center :: Customer Contact Center: 850.487.1395