Registered Air Conditioning Contractor - Limited Non-Renewable Registration (CILB 20)
Individuals licensed in another state may obtain a limited, nonrenewal registration to complete a single project in Florida.
Limited non-renewable registrations include the following license types: Air Conditioning, Building, General, Mechanical, Plumbing, Pool/Spa, Residential, Roofing, Sheet Metal, Glass and Glazing, Specialty (Drywall, Structure, Solar Water Heating, Gas Line) and Underground Utility and Excavation.
Air Conditioning contractor licenses are available in two categories - Class-A and Class-B.
FINANCIAL/CREDIT: Applicants will
need to provide proof of financial stability and responsibility by submitting
credit reports for themselves and the business entities (if applicable). Credit
reports must include a FICO derived credit score and indicate that local, state
and federal records have been searched.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as
part of the licensing process. To learn
more about fingerprinting, please visit our Fingerprinting
- NOTICE FOR APPLICANTS SUBMITTING FINGERPRINTS WHERE CRIMINAL RECORD RESULTS WILL BE USED FOR LICENSING PURPOSES
- OUT-OF-STATE LICENSE: You must provide a copy of your out-of-state license from the state in which you currently operate.
- EXAMINATION: You must provide proof that a competency exam has been taken in the state in which you operate.
DEFINITIONS: Multiple license types are available in this licensure category. A list of license types and a description of each can be found on our website.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application. If applying online, you can pay with a credit card or electronic check. If mailing your application, please include a check payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military Services page for more information.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Online Services" link or the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.