CILB 10 - Endorsement as Individual Certified Specialty Contractor
This application is for individuals who are licensed in another state and wish to obtain licensure in Florida without taking the state certification examination.
Please note that endorsement application requirements are very stringent and rarely approved by the Construction Industry Licensing Board.
Specialty contractor licenses are available in 18 categories - Drywall, Structure, Solar Water Heating, Marine, Gas Line, Swimming Pool Layout, Swimming Pool Structural, Swimming Pool Excavation, Swimming Pool Trim, Swimming Pool Decking, Swimming Pool Piping, Swimming Pool Finishes, Tower, Irrigation, Demolition, Residential Pool/Spa Servicing, Industrial Facilities, and Glass & Glazing.
DEFINITIONS: Endorsement is a method of licensure for applicants who, in lieu of taking the State of Florida's licensing examination, comply with one of the options below:
Have taken an examination of substantially equivalency to the corresponding Florida licensing examination, meet the experience requirements for Florida certification, and meet all other requirements for licensure; OR
- Holds a valid license to practice contracting issued by another state or United State territory, if the criteria for issuance of such license were substantially equivalent to Florida's current certification criteria.
FINANCIAL/CREDIT: Applicants will
need to provide proof of financial stability and responsibility by submitting
credit reports for themselves and the business entities (if applicable). Credit
reports must include a FICO derived credit score and indicate that local, state
and federal records have been searched.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as
part of the licensing process. To learn
more about fingerprinting, please visit our Fingerprinting
- NOTICE FOR APPLICANTS SUBMITTING FINGERPRINTS WHERE CRIMINAL RECORD RESULTS WILL BE USED FOR LICENSING PURPOSES
- INSURANCE: Applicants are required to attest that they have obtained public liability and property damage insurance in the amounts determined by Board rule. Applicants are also required to obtain workers compensation insurance or obtain an exemption from workers compensation insurance within 30 days of issuance of their license.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as
provided in the application. Make check payable to the Department of Business
and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida
National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement,
and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military
Services page for more information.
- AGE: An individual applying for certification must be at least 18 years of age.
APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form.